LEAN TURKEY MEATBALLS
Makes About 8 Meatballs
Enjoy this delicious recipe of lean turkey meatballs after a lean training session. When you combine this lean protein serving with a plate of brown rice pasta, you are creating a balanced portion that will give you the nutrients you need and energy to power through your next workout. Mission Lean is committed to giving its subscribers a well-balanced diet that includes healthy and lean protein, carbs, and veggies–and you can get started here with this delicious and wholesome recipe.
Lean Turkey Meatballs
Add this to a bowl of pasta after a workout for a delicious, filling dinner.
Lean Turkey Meatballs recipe ingredients:
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 5 Saltine Crackers
- 1.5 Onions
- 2 Ripe Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown Rice Pasta
- Combine ground turkey, crushed saltine crackers, and cut up onion in a bowl.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix together thoroughly until you have an even consistency.
4. Make about 2 inch balls from the mixture and place on a baking sheet that has been brushed with olive oil.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a separate pot, boil water and place brown rice pasta.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, heat up olive oil (use generously) and then add in 3/4 onion. Sautee until starting to brown.
- Add in freshly diced tomatoes and cook until the mixture becomes sauce like – about 20 minutes.
Jon Pearlman is a former standout tennis player at Harvard, ATP-ranked touring pro, and author of The Lean Body Manual. He founded Mission Lean to share his unique formula for lean body fitness and nutrition, an approach that took over a decade to develop and perfect. He is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.