New year, new you resolutions usually wear thin by the end of January. But you don’t have to go back to your old ways. Instead, set up some good habits in a place where you spend most of your time — at work– and watch the weight fall off. Here’s some specific hacks you can do right now to ensure that you achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Check what is due and calculate how long it will take you to complete the work. Then, spread out the workload in your calendar over several days. As the deadline approaches you will not need to compromise break times to complete the assignment making it easier to stick to your plan.
- Few meetings are so important that they cannot simply be moved to an alternate time. Change meetings that interfere with your healthy plans.
- Prepare tomorrow’s meals the night before. This way you will not have to waste any time wondering what you should have for lunch.
Use These Office Food Tricks
- Add a cup of vegetables to your lunch to feel more full.
- Focus on nutrients more than calories. A handful of grapes and a handful of M&Ms will have different effects on you both physically and mentally.
- Stock up the company refrigerator with plenty of healthy food. The best way to insure yourself against giving in to temptation is to have healthy alternatives readily available.
- Remember to get up and stretch often.
- If you have a gym at your office, use it for the convenience.
- Be realistic with your expectations. Commit to two or three workouts a week on your calendar and adjust according to your personal goals.
Change One Bad Habit
- Replace cream in your coffee with almond milk.
- Instead of grabbing candy, eat some grapes that you have stocked in the fridge.
- Work on just one habit at a time. Attempting to change too many things at once will only confuse you and not yield any sustainable benefits.
Avoid Office Treats
- Think about changing the culture in your workplace. What about bringing in Greek frozen yogurt instead of ice cream to go with the birthday cake?
- Avoid the area where tempting treats are laid out. Out of sight, out of mind.