If you want to get lean at work, you need to stay consistent with your workout and diet routines throughout the year.
New year, new you resolutions usually wear thin by the end of January. But you don’t have to go back to your old ways. Instead, set up some good habits in a place where you spend most of your time — at work– and watch the weight fall off. Here’s some specific hacks you can do right now to ensure that you achieve your health and fitness goals.
What is a good trick to get lean at work?
If you want to get lean at the office, make sure your preparation is top notch. Here are some great preparation tips for lean fitness while still doing well at work.
- Check what is due and calculate how long it will take you to complete the work. Then, spread out the workload in your calendar over several days. As the deadline approaches you will not need to compromise break times to complete the assignment making it easier to stick to your plan.
- Few meetings are so important that they cannot simply be moved to an alternate time. Change meetings that interfere with your healthy plans.
- Prepare tomorrow’s meals the night before. This way you will not have to waste any time wondering what you should have for lunch.
What should I focus on if I want to get lean at work?
If you’re at work and want to get lean, focus on the nutrition of your food so you avoid unhealthy temptations. You should prepare your food ahead of time so you don’t succumb. Here are some great strategies:
- Add a cup of vegetables to your lunch to feel more full.
- Focus on nutrients more than calories. A handful of grapes and a handful of M&Ms will have different effects on you both physically and mentally.
- Stock up the company refrigerator with plenty of healthy food. The best way to insure yourself against giving in to temptation is to have healthy alternatives readily available.
What are workout strategies for lean fitness at work?
Here are some strategies for lean fitness while at work. Make the most of your breaks and the facilities you may have at the office.
- Remember to get up and stretch often.
- If you have a gym at your office, use it for the convenience.
- Be realistic with your expectations. Commit to two or three workouts a week on your calendar and adjust according to your personal goals.
What work habits may be stopping me from getting lean?
Changing your habits are important if you want to get lean at work. Here are some great tips for small changes in your habits that can be huge for lean fitness.
- Replace cream in your coffee with almond milk.
- Instead of grabbing candy, eat some grapes that you have stocked in the fridge.
- Work on just one habit at a time. Attempting to change too many things at once will only confuse you and not yield any sustainable benefits.
A Great Tip to Get Lean at Work
Here is a great tip to get lean at work — stay away from the office treats and bring in your own snacks!
- Think about changing the culture in your workplace. What about bringing in Greek frozen yogurt instead of ice cream to go with the birthday cake?
- Avoid the area where tempting treats are laid out. Out of sight, out of mind
Jon Pearlman is a former standout tennis player at Harvard, ATP-ranked touring pro, and author of The Lean Body Manual. He founded Mission Lean to share his unique formula for lean body fitness and nutrition, an approach that took over a decade to develop and perfect. He is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.