What are good Keto Foods for a Get Lean plan?
If you’re on the Keto diet and also following a get lean plan, keto pancakes are a great option. Pancakes generally have a reputation as being unhealthy but there’s actually lots of healthy substitutions that you can make to make them taste delicious. They should still be a treat but you shouldn’t feel guilty about the Mission Lean version. These are as nutritious as pancakes are going to come, so indulge!
Why are Keto Pancakes good to Get Lean?
If you’re following Keto and also striving to get lean, keto pancakes can take you to the next level. In fact, we love eating pancakes at Mission Lean. We have a healthy, energizing version as part of our nutrition program. They are made of whole grains… which means that they have carbs. But many people these days avoid carbs religiously and follow a Keto diet. And while we don’t recommend following such an extreme diet for a long time, it is okay to have a low carb meal here and there. So we created this keto version of our pancake recipe. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
What is a great keto pancake recipe?
Here is a great keto recipe for your get lean plan if you’re following a keto diet. This recipe is Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and Vegetarian. It takes 10 minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Super Ripe Mashed Banana
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- ½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
How should I prepare my Keto Pancakes?
Prepare your keto pancakes as follows:
- Mix flour, eggs, milk, water, mashed banana, cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl.
- Whip contents of the bowl until they are your preferred consistency. Add more water or almond milk for a more “liquidy” mixture and add more flour for a denser mixture. The perfect consistency is dense but able to be poured.
- Add 1 tbsp. of melted coconut oil and mix.
- Heat up coconut oil on a skillet and wait until it is very hot. Test this by throwing some water and if it evaporates immediately, then it is sufficiently hot.
- Pour mixture into skillet in 5” batches.
- Cook on each side for 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet.
- Optional: Add blueberries for some extra refreshing flavor.
Why does this Keto recipe work so well?
This keto recipe works well because it has no added sugar, dairy, or gluten (because they are made with almond flour, cooked with coconut oil, and sweetened with natural spices.)
This basic recipe can be adapted to add other “toppings” like dark chocolate, nuts, and anything else keto friendly. Whatever you’re in the mood for that day! Play around with your favorite flavors and enjoy.
Lyuda is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. Before founding Mission Lean, she worked as a Wilhelmina model in New York and Miami. After experiencing first hand the unhealthy habits that models develop in order to meet the size expectations of the fashion industry, Lyuda was inspired to develop a cutting-edge nutrition and fitness program. Her goal is to assist others reach a lean, slender physique through bulletproof routines that are healthy and sustainable.