1/2 Cup Oat Flour
1/2 Very Ripe and Sweet Banana – Mashed
½ Cup Apple Sauce
Pinch of Baking Soda
½ Cup Water
Organic Maple Syrup
½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Mix flour, apple sauce, water, mashed banana and baking soda in a bowl.
- Whip contents of the bowl until they are your preferred consistency. Add more water for a more liquidy mixture and add more flour for a denser mixture. The perfect consistency is dense but able to be poured.
- Heat up olive oil on a skillet and wait until it is very hot. Test this by throwing some water and if it evaporates immediately, then it is sufficiently hot.
- Pour mixture into skillet in 5” batches.
- Cook on each side for 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet.
- Optional: Add blueberries and maple syrup for some extra refreshing flavor.
These pancakes have no added sugar, dairy, or gluten (because they are made with oats, cooked with olive oil, and sweetened with natural sugar from banana.) You can add extra sweetness with maple syrup if you want, but you may not even need it.
This basic recipe can be adapted to add other “toppings” like dark chocolate, nuts, etc. Whatever you’re in the mood for that day! Play around with your favorite flavors and enjoy.
Lyuda is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. Before founding Mission Lean, she worked as a Wilhelmina model in New York and Miami. She also appeared on Cycle 9 of America’s Next Top Model. After experiencing first hand the unhealthy habits that models develop in order to meet the size expectations of the fashion industry, Lyuda was inspired to develop a cutting-edge nutrition and fitness program. Her goal is to assist others reach a lean, slender physique through bulletproof routines that are healthy and sustainable.