3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
¼ cup Brown Rice Spirals Pasta
½ Red Pepper
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add brown rice pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Wash tomato, red pepper and onion. Chop up finely.
- Heat up olive oil in sauce pan.
- Add pepper and onion first to the pan. 3-4 minutes later, add tomato.
- Allow to simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes (while pasta is cooking).
- Continually stir the sauce with spoon.
- Drain pasta and place in bowl.
- Add sauce and mix.
- Add fresh basil.
¼ Whole Eggplant
2 Crimini Mushrooms
¼ Cups Sliced Tomatoes
½ Cup Buckwheat
Cayenne, Salt & Pepper
- Wash and slice all vegetables. Set aside scallions for later use.
- Pour olive oil liberally into pan and allow to heat up.
- Place vegetables into pan in the following order (waiting 1-2 minutes before adding the next): Eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes.
- Add cayenne, salt, and pepper as desired.
- Mix the contents of the pan as you cook.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until eggplant is soft and cooked through.
- Bring 3/4 cups of water to a boil. Add buckwheat.
- Stir while cooking for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, slide pot away from heated portion of stovepot and continue stirring progressively until all the water has been absorbed (this should take another 5 minutes).
4-5 Brocolli Florets
2 Leaves of Chard
- Wash and peel uncooked beet and ginger.
- Wash apple, broccoli, and chard.
- Chop up all vegetables and place into blender (Vitamix is ideal.)
- Add water and ice, and blend. Drink immediately.
Jon Pearlman is a former standout tennis player at Harvard, ATP-ranked touring pro, and author of The Lean Body Manual. He founded Mission Lean to share his unique formula for lean body fitness and nutrition, an approach that took over a decade to develop and perfect. He is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.