½ Cup Rice
¼ Heirloom Tomato
1 Handful Chard, Kale, Arugula, Or Any Mixed Green
- Bring 1 cups of water to a boil. Add rice.
- Stir occasionally while cooking for 30 minutes.
- Slide pot away from the heated portion of the stoveop and continue stirring progressively until all the water has been absorbed (this should take another 5 minutes).
- Wash and chop greens and veggies.
- Wash and slice avocado. Remove skin and seed.
- Add veggies and avocado to rice. Mix together.
The basis is a portion of rice for sustained energy. Then you can add on some greens and some veggies. If you want to add a piece of chicken or fish for extra protein or flavor.. go ahead!
Avocado is optional as well, but serves as an amazing way to add flavor to the whole dish.
Lyuda is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist. Before founding Mission Lean, she worked as a Wilhelmina model in New York and Miami. She also appeared on Cycle 9 of America’s Next Top Model. After experiencing first hand the unhealthy habits that models develop in order to meet the size expectations of the fashion industry, Lyuda was inspired to develop a cutting-edge nutrition and fitness program. Her goal is to assist others reach a lean, slender physique through bulletproof routines that are healthy and sustainable.