½ Cup Rice
¼ Heirloom Tomato
1 Handful Chard, Kale, Arugula, Or Any Mixed Green
- Bring 1 cups of water to a boil. Add rice.
- Stir occasionally while cooking for 30 minutes.
- Slide pot away from the heated portion of the stoveop and continue stirring progressively until all the water has been absorbed (this should take another 5 minutes).
- Wash and chop greens and veggies.
- Wash and slice avocado. Remove skin and seed.
- Add veggies and avocado to rice. Mix together.
The basis is a portion of rice for sustained energy. Then you can add on some greens and some veggies. If you want to add a piece of chicken or fish for extra protein or flavor.. go ahead!
Avocado is optional as well, but serves as an amazing way to add flavor to the whole dish.
Jon Pearlman is a former standout tennis player at Harvard, ATP-ranked touring pro, and author of The Lean Body Manual. He founded Mission Lean to share his unique formula for lean body fitness and nutrition, an approach that took over a decade to develop and perfect. He is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.