1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Super Ripe Mashed Banana
Pinch of Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Water
½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Mix flour, eggs, milk, water, mashed banana, cinnamon and baking soda in a bowl.
- Whip contents of the bowl until they are your preferred consistency. Add more water or almond milk for a more “liquidy” mixture and add more flour for a denser mixture. The perfect consistency is dense but able to be poured.
- Add 1 tbsp. of melted coconut oil and mix.
- Heat up coconut oil on a skillet and wait until it is very hot. Test this by throwing some water and if it evaporates immediately, then it is sufficiently hot.
- Pour mixture into skillet in 5” batches.
- Cook on each side for 1 minute.
- Remove from skillet.
- Optional: Add blueberries for some extra refreshing flavor.
These pancakes have no added sugar, dairy, or gluten (because they are made with almond flour, cooked with coconut oil, and sweetened with natural spices.)
This basic recipe can be adapted to add other “toppings” like dark chocolate, nuts, and anything else keto friendly. Whatever you’re in the mood for that day! Play around with your favorite flavors and enjoy.
Jon Pearlman is a former standout tennis player at Harvard, ATP-ranked touring pro, and author of The Lean Body Manual. He founded Mission Lean to share his unique formula for lean body fitness and nutrition, an approach that took over a decade to develop and perfect. He is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.