½ Cup Organic Steel Cut Oats
4 Medjool Dates
Optional: Nuts, Raisins & Other Dried Fruit
- Boil 1.5 cups of water for the oats.
- Cook oats for 10 minutes.
- Chop up banana and medjool dates (after you’ve pitted them.) Add to the cooking oatmeal.
- Allow to cook for 3-5 more minutes. Stir the oatmeal during this time.
- Mix and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Optional: Add raisins (for a real oatmeal raisin cookie taste) as well as nuts and other dried fruit that you enjoy.
Enjoy this recipe if you are having an extra hard workout today… or treat yourself to this as a dessert. You don’t have to feel guilty, every ingredient is nutritious.
Jon Pearlman is a former standout tennis player at Harvard, ATP-ranked touring pro, and author of The Lean Body Manual. He founded Mission Lean to share his unique formula for lean body fitness and nutrition, an approach that took over a decade to develop and perfect. He is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer and Fitness Nutrition Specialist.